fiscal adj : involving financial matters; "fiscal responsibility" [syn: financial] [ant: nonfinancial]
- Rhymes: -ɪskəl
- A public official in certain countries having control of public revenue.
- Any of various African shrikes of the genus Lanius.
The term fiscal refers to government debt, expenditures and revenues, or to finance (particularly financial revenue) in general.
- Fiscal deficit is the budget deficit of federal or local government
- Fiscal policy is the discretionary spending of governments. Contrasts with monetary policy.
- Fiscal year and fiscal quarter are reporting periods for firms and other agencies.
fiscal in Spanish: Fiscal
fiscal in Portuguese: Fiscal